sobota, 26 kwietnia 2014

Jordan Burns (Strung Out) talks about new album, box set and drumming


Communities Digital News made interview with Jordan Burns from Strung Out who talks about new album, box set and drumming. Strung Out will release its eighth album "Transmission Alpha Delta", on Fat Wreck Chords and Jordan says:

KW: Is the new album, Transmission Alpha Delta, finished as far as recording goes? 

JB: No, it is not. We started it. The reason we took a break is because our producer, Kyle Black, had some other commitments and he had to fulfill those commitments with some other bands. The plan is to get back in action after we get back from Australia. We’re leaving for Australia May 6 for the Hits and Pits Tour over there, which is gonna be really cool with Unwritten Law, Face To Face, Death By Stereo and just a bunch of bands. Anyways, one we get back from Australia, we’re gonna get straight back into the studio and the guys are gonna finish everything.

I’m done with my parts. It was a super intense session, way, way intense session. We were really nitpicking on everything. Yeah, I had some meltdowns in there and stuff. Maybe it’s kind of the typical thing, but it was actually not the typical thing because I would say this is the gnarliest recording session that I have done, as far as tracking drums. It’s gonna be pretty intense. I’m pretty happy with the way everything is coming out.

Jason’s completed maybe 80 percent of one or two songs and everything is sounding really good. Our producer sent some rough mixes and you never want to speak too soon, but my gut feeling right now is that this album is sounding the best out of any of our productions so far. It’s early in the game. I don’t want to mark my words on that, but that’s my gut feeling.

KW: What can fans expect to hear style-wise from the new record? 

JB: I don’t know how to explain the sound. It’s gnarly. You always want to believe that this s**t’s gonna blow everyone away and everyone’s gonna love it, but you can never tell until the album’s released. I think it’s the fans that get to make the decision of whether you killed it or not. When you’re in the band, you’re always gonna think you killed it. I feel pretty good about it. It’s gonna blow some people away. We’ve got some f**kin’ crazy s**t on this album.


Read the whole interview here

Brak komentarzy: