środa, 31 lipca 2013

Tony Sly (November 4, 1970 – July 31, 2012), fans talk


No Use For A Names's front man, Tony Sly died a year ago at the age 41. Read below what his fans and friends have written about this awesome artist at Melodic Punk Style facebook page:


"I have many videos of Tony and NUFAN on my YouTube channel. I learned about him passing away because all of a sudden, out of nowhere, all these comments starting coming in. I remember feeling like the world was spinning as it dawned on me what was going on... I started to cry. Never before had I been affected so much by the death of a person I didn't really know. But he and his music were the soundtrack of my life when I was growing up. It felt like losing a good friend . It still hurts that he is gone. R.I.P. Tony!"

 Arjan

"It's to late to talk to u And its to soon to say goodbye... Listen wherever u may be... U still live inside my mind... Something tells me that u are free again in a place that feels like home.... Its never easy to understand... Why memories hold our hands... But people wont let go... "

Jaybster

"This still breaks my heart... So sad!!"
Melissa

"Losing Tony was like losing a dear friend, though I only met him once, he was the nicest of people and sat drinking with us after the show for hours just b.s.ing about music and life. His lyrics have always been inspired, creative and with a certain soul many musicians these days are lacking. He was one of the greats and will always be a muse whenever I'm in a writing funk and need some sly-tivation. "

 Johnny

"He wasn't just a singer in a band - he was someone whose music had helped me since the age of 14 - his songs have made me smile, made me sad (in a good way), motivated me when I felt like just staying in bed, comforted me when the love of my life left me, comforted me when family and friends had died. When I heard the news I felt exactly the same as when a member of my family died and I firmly believe that no other song writer dying would affect me and indeed so many others in that same way. people hear of someone dying - they say RIP on facebook or whatever and their day carries on but with Tony - I think we have all not been the same since it happened."

Paul

"He truly was a hero in the Bay Area Punk Rock scene."
Martin

"It´s never easy to understand, why memorieshold our hands, but people let go... "
George

 "I'm not feeding the fire anymore - rest in piece dude"

Shannon

"Tony Sly your music rocks now , always n forever"

Alex

"I met him once in Seattle. I wish I knew him better, but he was a cool guy with awesome songs and loved music. NUFAN got me through some tough times back in the 90s. Thanks Tony Sly!"

Bryson

"Don't Miss The Train!"
Fernando

"Will always be missed"

Robert

"Miss you so much Mr Tony Sly ... Without you , our lives are incomplete , our days are absolutely grey !!"

Olivier

"RIP TONY, GRACIAS POR TU LEGADO"
Blackk

"Pretend you're invincible, there's no one to tell you that it's wrong they're all just as scared as I am it's over someday soon it won't be long.." Thanks Tony for giving us the opportunity to listen to your music!!!"

 Alexandros

"Its too late to talk to you..and its too soon to say gudbye..listen wherever u maybe..u still live inside my mind... Truly a legend.. "

Fast

"Nothing is the same... Without Tony"

Raúl

 "NUFAN concerts were something special ..always we will remember those atmosphere .. thank for all"

Silvano

"RIP Tony. I feel fortunate that I got to grow up skateboarding and listening to No Use for a Name!"

Dylan 

"Seeing and meeting Tony at the start of his last tour was something i'll never forget. An amazing writer, with the vocals to go with it. You always said it best. I'll see you on the outside Tony. R.I.P. "

Jeff 

 "My life is what it is today because of him and I will always remember all the good fuckin shows I attended, R.I.P"

Karine

"One of the best song writer and singer ever"
 Danielle

"My punk rock band Culpados Inocentes fron Brazil, open one show in Porto Alegre, it was a special moment "
Gabriel

"Good bye my inspiration.... "

Khair

"True Hero!"
Darrick

"People should have known more who was him, and really, their lyrics were awesome. He shouldn't have gone all of a sudden, even his songs will remain forever in a lost generation"

David

 "I will see you on the out side. Rip Tony gone but never forgotten."

Josh 

"Tony Sly rule! Bruce Fantastic song writer !!!! Too bad"

Morten
"I miss Tony but was lucky to have known him for so many years."

Dele
"Probably one of the greatest songwriters in punk rock. rest in peace, man. "

Alessandro

"RIP Pizza Chief"

David

Brak komentarzy: