czwartek, 28 kwietnia 2011

Steve And The Alcoholics - Greatest Hits


Tracklist:
01. Photographs
02. Beardly crook
03. Skate or Die
04. Our own Words
05. Ballroom
06. A Knights Tale
07. Hi! I'm Steve

Band web site:
Steve And The Alcoholics myspace profile

Buy:
http://sata.bigcartel.com/


'Hold your horses dear cowboys there is more punk rock hell yeah'

It pleases me a lot that now we can find more bands that can revive those times when the Europe and the rest of the world were on top. Influenced by 90's they are adding nowadays touch.

Hot damn! Steve and the Alcoholics belongs to these young talented bands that definitely don't disappoint. MySpace is still good place for promoting some bands.

Steve and the Alcoholics was started by Steve himself a couple years ago and after some changes in the line-up they are 4 guys. In 2010 released new EP "Greatest Hits" which is their debut.

On this EP there are 7 songs. Four tracks are under 1 minute (A Knights Tale, Ballrom, Photograps and Skate or Die). First I thought that they added these songs to show how it will looks in future their full lenght. Imagine my suprise when I realized that these songs are between longer. I will call it maturity. With this EP is more fluent and audible. It's short yeah but even if you listen it once or twice you want to do this again. Big plus for putting these bonuses (songs) throughout the whole EP.

The first longer song is Beardly Crook. At first I have to say that is great example how the band can expose vocal abilities which are portrayed perfectly. With this song they slowed pace but this balance between fast Photographs and Beardly Crook can please every person. Backing vocals and some shots at the end of this song adding a real touch to this tune. Well it emanates an aura and captivate my attention for a long.

The common knowledge for this genre is simmilar sounding songs. Some bands are going to far with this. Not this time. After a fast Skate or Die they get us great situated Our Own Worlds . It's a mid-tempo song that prove how Steve and the Alcoholics can translate feelings into music.

Hi! I'm Steve . The last song on Greatest Hits is a fine example of a kick- ass skatepunk song. Stops and goes in the middle makes this song more interesting. I will say it again : great situated song. A lot releases in this genre starts good but ends rather weak. Well Steve and the Alcoholics don't do this. Big plus for putting bonus after Hi! I'm Steve It contains couple variations of A Knights Tale. For fun of course they are punk rockers.

Lyrics are understandable and fits great in the tune. You can read them from the booklet. With lyrics and with the names (Alcoholics, Greatest Hits) they proved that they are true punk rockers. It's remind me old times and some bands and their releases. I had a really fun to listen them.

I’m looking forward to what they can produce next. I hope to see in near future their LP. 'Hold your horses dear cowboys there is more punk rock hell yeah' in the end of Hi! I'm Steve tells us that new release will be soon.

Brak komentarzy: